We love giving people the opportunity to serve with us. People are the heartbeat of everything that we do, and we enjoy the creativity and support from all our volunteers. We value the volunteers we have, and we entrust them with projects that push the mission of RLI forward. Our goal is not to give volunteers a bunch of busy-work. We want to provide opportunities for you to use your talents and skills, and to give you the freedom to be creative. There are a few target-areas where we need volunteers (see below). Send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll get you started!
– Coffee. We are passionate about good coffee. Purchasing, roasting, cupping, packaging, brewing, selling, and serving coffee. Coffee is one of the primary ways we fund the work we do. And it’s an area we hope to expand. If you have experience or want to learn about roasting and selling coffee, we could use you!
– Farmers Market. We spent a year at the Toledo Farmers Market selling coffee and chocolate, and talking with people about what we do. The farmers market was a great experience but we are in need of a few passionate people to spearhead this project.
– Trips. Our roots are in taking people on missions trips to serve internationally. This is still a big part of who we are, and we always need people to join us. Let us know if you are interested in joining us, and we’ll let you know the dates of our next trip.
– Graphic Design. Do you have experience making videos and social media outreach? We need people to help us up our social media presence.
You can also sign up with Amazon and Kroger to help RLI get some corporate donations. Below are the two programs that we are currently connected with.
– AmazonSmile. Link your Amazon account to RLI by clicking here. Then shop on Amazon like you normally would. Amazon Smile will donate 0.5% of all your purchases to RLI. This will help us provide meals for individuals in western Mexico, support outreaches in Toledo, and cover our operating costs.
– Kroger Rewards. This program helps us get donations and all you have to do is buy groceries. Every time you use a Kroger Card, a portion of your purchase gets donated to RLI. It’s pretty awesome. Don’t worry. You still get those fuel points. We’ll walk you through the steps and get you registered.
“Missions aren’t just for superstars. A missionary is just like you. Ordinary folks through whom God does the extraordinary.” – Chuck Swindoll